O’Leary Junior High School
We, the O’Leary Junior
High School Staff of the Twin Falls School District, believe it is our
primary responsibility to create a school where all students learn a rigorous
curriculum. In order to fulfill that responsibility, we will:
- Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning. We will
be prepared (rested / energetic), available, and positive.
- Maximize instructional curriculum time and ensure coordination of
events among teams.
- Actively participate for effective teaming.
- Improve communication and involvement with parents, students and
colleagues / teams.
- Foster self-directed learners by utilizing rubrics, self-evaluation,
peer evaluations, and examples of students’ quality work.
- Teach intentionally using well-planned lessons based on district
standards/curriculum and by using high yield strategies.
- Utilize Mastery Learning strategies:
- Pre-assess, teach, assess,
(extend/correct), assess and move on based on the standards.
- We will design units
of instruction using our table of specifications to create activities
and assessments. We will grade and report according to standards.